Finding mold developing in your house is a huge source of concern for homeowners, and everyone understands that the problem must be addressed promptly before it becomes a much bigger problem. While household mold can take numerous forms, few are more concerning than the feared black mold.
This mold, technically known as Stachybotrys chartarum and Stachybotrys chlorohalonata, can infect homes of any size and location in the United States. The risks of black mold stem from its toxic spores, which may cause a range of health problems and significantly degrade the indoor air quality of your home. So, what should you do if you discover black mold developing in your family’s home?
There is a lot of information available on DIY black mold removal techniques, however this is rarely a good idea. When done incorrectly, eliminating black mold yourself may aggravate the problem and endanger your family, thus recognizing the hidden hazards of DIY black mold removal is critical for protecting your loved ones in the long run.
Dangers Of Black Mold Exposure
When dealing with this type of mold in the house, certain measures must be followed, and few homeowners have the skills and resources necessary to assure their safety during the process. Even minor contact to this mold during the cleanup process can cause health problems for you and your family, and this mold has been linked to:
- Chronic coughing and sneezing
- Respiratory irritation
- Skin disorders, including rashes
- Chronic fatigue
An allergic reaction to black mold spores can result in vomiting, nausea, and bleeding in the lungs and nose in the most severe cases. With the possible consequences of black mold exposure, it is not worth the risk of trying to handle the situation without professional help.
Reasons To Avoid DIY Black Mold Removal
Although the significant health consequences of black mold exposure are reason enough to avoid DIY eradication, it isn’t the only reason to hire a professional to manage a mold infestation in your house. Certified mold professionals are educated in sophisticated ways for not only properly removing mold, but also detecting any underlying concerns that you may be unaware of. Furthermore, attempting to remove black mold on your own might result in:
- Making the situation worse: Black mold produces spores that can spread if not adequately confined during removal. This can lead mold to emerge in other places of your house, turning a minor problem into a major one.
- Missing hidden mold in the home: Mold is renowned for lurking in unassuming locations, such as your home’s air vents. While you may be able to eradicate visible mold growth, you may also overlook critical places that require appropriate treatment for full remediation.
- Utilizing the wrong equipment: To treat deadly black mold, mold removal professionals employ a number of hightech tools, such as personal protective equipment, air filters, containment systems, and heavy duty items. You may endanger yourself and your family if you do not have these equipment.
Trust ABC Environmental Contracting Services To Remove Black Mold in Your Home
Recruiting a professional team to handle black mold removal can be a complicated job, especially if you are concerned about the expenses of cleanup. Although it may be tempting to handle the problem on your own, black mold is one household crisis that is best left to the skilled hands of professional experts. At ABC Environmental Contracting Services, we understand the concerns and hazards involved with black mold removal, and we can assist you in developing a treatment strategy that is tailored to your specific needs. without having to break the bank!
A Mold Removal Company Serving St. Louis, MO
Call ABC Environmental Contracting Services at (314) 668-1509 today for 24 hour water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold remediation along with any of our other services or get an instant quote from our website. Our Mold Removal Company will get to your Missouri home and help you eradicate the black mold in your home in 30 to 60 minutes.