(314) 668-1509

FREE ESTIMATE

653 Foristell Rd

Wentzville, MO 63385

Mold in Your Home

Mold in your home may very well be harmful. When it moves into your home, your eyes, lungs, and skin will pay the price. 

How Harmful Is Mold In Your Home?

Any mold that produces mycotoxins – the term “myco” refers to fungus – is toxic and can be extremely dangerous. Stachybotrys chartarum mold is one of the more dangerous types of mold in your home: This fungus is dense, black, and generally found in places where moisture has been a long term such as a damp basement or an abandoned property. It can cause a variety of health problems including chronic headaches, diarrhea, breathing difficulties, and much more.

Your Chimney Has A Weird Odor

Chimney sweeps can clear away poisonous mold as well as harmful creosote accumulation. Moisture can build up in a chimney’s permeable bricks and mortar. Rusted chimney tops and damaged flashing enable rain and snow to seep in, providing a habitat for mold in your home to grow. That might be why you smell something weird on days when the wind is blowing in a particular direction. Repair the cap and flashing and contact a chimney sweep to extinguish the mold.

Your Eyes Are Hurting And Watering

Mold in your home can cause allergic responses in certain people. Itchy and watery eyes, coughing, and nasal congestion are some of the symptoms. If you believe mold is causing these symptoms, the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology recommends tracking your responses for two weeks to determine if they occur only in particular rooms or places in your home. To confirm the allergy, you can also see an allergist for a blood or skin test.

Your Skin Tingles

When you come into touch with mold in your home, you may suffer tingling, itching, or burning sensations if you are allergic to mycotoxins. Your body is reacting by producing histamines, which can cause dry, itchy, and scaly skin, as well as hives. If the problem persists, see an allergist about locating and eradicating the growth.

Your Asthma Has Flared Up

Mold spores can enter the lungs and induce asthma symptoms. According to one research, moisture or mold in your home may be responsible for one in every five instances of asthma in the United States. According to the Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America, if your asthma is worsening, you may have hidden mold in your home. Mold, according to the organization, may also induce an uncommon but deadly illness known as allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, which is characterized by intense sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath.

The Paint On The Walls Is Bubbling

Have you discovered that the paint on the walls of your bathroom or near a window is bubbling? Moisture is one of the most prevalent causes of paint bubbles. When there is moisture, there is almost always mold in your home. You won’t be able to hide the problem with a fresh coat of paint; you must locate the source of the dampness. It may be a leaking window sill, excessive humidity, or faulty plumbing. You can repaint once the moisture problem has been resolved. Simply scrape, repair, clean, and completely dry the walls before applying the first coat.

You Have a Cough

Mycotoxin spores can go into your lungs and cause a chronic and lingering cough. The next step should be to consult with an allergist. If you get a positive test for mold in your home, the very next stage is to employ a mold eradication specialist and address the issue.

Your Bathroom Exhaust Fan Isn’t Working Properly

Mold is an especially prevalent issue in bathrooms with poor ventilation. A bathroom exhaust fan is an important tool for keeping toxic mold in your home at bay, but it won’t work if it’s blocked up or not running well. In fact, if you come out of the shower and it’s still hot five to ten minutes later, your fan isn’t circulating enough air. It may need to be cleaned or replaced with a unit that is appropriate for the size of your bathroom. You should clean the walls on a regular basis with bleach or another mold killing product.

Your Infant Coughs At Night

Babies who are exposed to mold were three times more likely to develop asthma by the age of seven. Symptoms to look out for are coughing at night, trouble breathing, rapid breathing, recurrent chest colds, and wheezing or whistling noises while exhaling are all symptoms to look out for.

Your Floor Has A Squishy Feel To It

You’re aware that there’s a soft area on your hardwood floor. Check for moisture if you have access to the subfloor through a crawl space or a basement. If that isn’t possible, you’ll have to pull up a portion of flooring. It’s worth it since the moisture, and any mold growth, will ultimately spread. If the wood floor is rotten, the entire floor must be replaced. If the flooring is still in good shape and just has a tiny quantity of mold, it may be removed with mold remover.

Your Home Has A Musty Odor from Mold In Your Home

We’re not disparaging your cleaning abilities, but mold that develops unnoticed may be dangerous to your health. This is particularly true with the elderly. Their symptoms are often comparable, but all chronic diseases are worse in the elderly because their bodies are less robust than those of younger people and they frequently have other medical issues that may interfere with or complicate treatment.

The Insulation In Your Attic Is Bumpy

Clear away the spider webs and inspect the insulation in your attic. Attic insulation that is lumpy and uneven may indicate a larger problem. The insulation may be in poor condition as a result of unanticipated roof leaks, which might also indicate mold growth. Mold growth may thrive in your attic if it has poor circulation or inadequate ventilation.

Consequences of Mold In Your Home

Don’t let mold in your home grow. In very rare cases, mycotoxins have been associated with heart problems and cognitive problems. Even if your health is not jeopardized, your walls, floors, and appliances may be harmed. Mold will need to be removed from those who have been exposed to it.

A Mold Removal Company Serving St. Louis, MO

Call ABC Environmental Contracting Services at (314) 668-1509 today for 24 hour water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold remediation along with any of our other services or get an instant quote from our website. Our Mold Removal Company will get to your Missouri home and remove the mold in your home in 30 to 60 minutes.

 

To learn about the risks of removing black mold on your own, click here!

Get A Free Estimate

Please Fill Out The Form To Receive A Free Estimate ($300 value)
Or Call (314) 668-1509

More To Explore

Mold Prevention

9 Mold Prevention Tips Following A Flood

Mold is a fungus that can grow on nearly any surface, even non-living materials. If your home has been flooded, you’ll want to get rid of all the water as quickly as possible. Mold may be harmful to your health as well as to your property. The worst part about mold is that it is

Read More »
mold-removal-cost

The Guide to Mold Removal Cost

When it comes to mold removal cost, there are a number of elements that will influence how much you pay. In contrast to mold in the shower, a severe mold growth can readily pose a health threat while also corroding the structure on which it is developing. Also, your mold removal cost will fluctuate depending

Read More »
Household Molds

Know Your Enemy: The Different Types of Household Molds!

While the appearance of mushrooms on otherwise flawless pizza may be unappealing to some who despise the topping, these healthy fungi may be simply removed. Household molds, on the other hand, is a generally unpleasant fungus that is difficult to eradicate, and it may ruin much more than merely dinner. When a small spore falls

Read More »
Scroll to Top

Get A Free Estimate

Please Fill Out The Form To Receive A Free Estimate ($300 value)
Or Call (314) 668-1509